Friday 29 January 2016

Cast Interviews: Daniella Faircloth

In the second of our Follow The Crows cast and crew interview series actress Daniella Faircloth (Siren, The People) is put under the spotlight.

Through these interviews we hope to give you a more in-depth look at the process of making a film, and just what our cast and crew made of said process.

What character are you playing?

I'm lucky enough to have a lead role, playing "The Woman". As a character she's one of the most interesting I've ever played. She had been through a lot and has had such a traumatic past. It's exciting.

How did you prepare for the character?

Well, I created a whole bank of questions for myself to answer, based on the character - these ranged from pretty generic questions to much more in-depth ones like "what does she want?" or "what is she searching for in life?". And also some much more complex ones about her past. She's had a tough life. I have to, to some extent, create a history for her so that I can really connect to her and her world when I get sent each segment of the script.

What can you tell us about the plot?

I think, as an actress, I've been let in on the least amount of information on the plot. Alex (Secker, the director) and Marc (Starr, the producer) have often said they want me to "meet each character and complication" as my character would on the shooting day. I've really got only one theory about the plot, and, to be honest, it's the most obvious one you could find: it's a dog eat dog world and the only sign of anything resembling society or humanity is through the bond I form with Max (Curtis, the Man).

How have you found working on Follow The Crows?

So far? I have loved working on Follow The Crows. I've found the character a big challenge, I'm normally quite a girly girl in real life, so it's been fun to be delving into something that's so different for me. The worst part of the shoot so far has got to be the weather. Rain, wind. Mud! However, I think that's probably the least of my worries, considering what things the character has to go through within the film.

How would you survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland?

I wouldn't! Me and the my character are not alike in anyway at all. Preparing to play the part has made me realize that in this apocalyptic world that these characters live in it's so much more than simply "having nothing". They literally only have themselves for company, and because of that the mental struggles they must go through is 100%worse than the physical struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment