Friday 27 May 2016

Cast Interviews: Stu Jackson


In the fifth of our Follow The Crows cast and crew interviews actor Stu Jackson is put under the spotlight.

Through these interviews we hope to give you a more in-depth look at the process of making a film, and just what our cast and crew thought of said process.

What character are you playing?

The character I play has no given name, but is part of a nefarious duo determined to acquire the girl (Daniella Faircloth) for their own ends... My character is effectively the muscle, whereas the other guy (Tony Manders) is the brains.

How did you prepare for the character?

I spoke with the Director (Alex Secker) about who he was and why he had ended up in the relationship with Tony's character. This gave me a great deal to work with in terms of getting inside the character's head.

What can you tell us about the plot?

Secrecy has been so high that I actually know very little outside of the scenes I was in. I'm extremely keen to see more though! I know that it's set in a post-apocalyptic world, and I would theorize that the word has been destroyed by too much greed from those in power, somehow (maybe increasing profit margins by scrimping on health and safety at nuclear plants)? Or aliens... always blame the aliens.

How have you found working on Follow The Crows?

An absolute pleasure! The cast were very easy to work alongside, and as well as being extremely talented, are very generous to work with too. The cast were extremely welcoming and friendly, the Director and Producer (Marcus Starr) couldn't have been more supportive to me as I came in at the last minute. The worst bit was probably having to hold my breath whilst face down in rotting leaves, being rained on. But even that was a good experience overall as I got to spend a bit more time working with such great people! It certainly wasn't a "bad" experience!

How would you survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland?

I think the lesson we all learned from Tennessee Williams' A Streetcar Named Desire is that we can always rely on the kindness of strangers. I suspect I would be doing a lot of that in a post-apocalyptic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment