Saturday 28 May 2016

Cast Interviews: Tony Manders


In the sixth of our Follow The Crows cast and crew interviews actor Tony Manders is put under the spotlight.

Through these interviews we hope to give you a more in-depth look at the process of making a film, and just what our cast and crew thought of said process.

What character are you playing?

Survivor 1 - an older man who has managed to work out how to behave in order to survive. He does this with no specific malice, merely that for him to survive, others will probably have to perish - that’s just a plain fact of life!

How did you prepare for the character?

I submersed myself mentally into a world without technology and asked how this world would work. I came up with “rules for surviving” in this world and tried to generate a character that would find these rules natural.

What can you tell us about the plot?

On the basis that animals and humans have survived but all forms of technology have ceased, the most likely cause is some form of Electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) impacted on the planet. Whilst this would knock out any electronic-based technology, I can’t explain away the fact that in 100 years (the time our film is set after the “apocalypse”), none of the surviving humans  - who seem to have retained their memories - have been able to rebuild any aspect of that remembered technology. Were is something more sinister like an alien invasion where all technology and all scientists were abducted by them - I don’t see any criteria which would allow all scientists to be taken and none left (even by accident!). Beyond that, I haven’t a clue!

How have you found working on Follow The Crows?

Love the enthusiasm and the staying power of almost everyone. Love the striving for precisely the right shot. Some of the admin and timing could be improved (that will come, I’m sure). Overall a great experience. I’d definitely do it again (if they’ll have me)

How would you survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland?

I’d probably run round shouting “Awlright!” in a sort of squeaky voice - that way, everyone would leave me alone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment