Monday 8 August 2016

Fond Memories


It's been a little while since we finished production of Follow The Crows, and yet each and every day I find myself missing the craziness of the shoot. I miss the worry of people showing up on time, the fear of loosing light, the horror of the rain or the terror of the sun. I miss working my ass off, being on my feet all day, arguing over what a characters motivation is, why this scene has to be this way.

I miss the tiresome work of film-making, and shorts and corporate films are all well and good, but there's nothing quite like making a feature.

Over the course of the production you get to know the people you're working with in a way that you don't quite appreciate on any other kind of project (or job in general, for that matter). You've shared things with these people, you've been cold and tired and pissed off together.

You've waited around for people to show up, you've rushed along desperately trying to get each and every shot that you need, you've been happy and miserable together, you've talked and talked and talked. It's quite incredible.

So while editing is great fun in that you get to see the project come to life, it's not quite the same as shooting, working with this family of people you've come to know and love over the course of photography.

Everyone on our film worked really, really hard to make sure it was as good as it could be, and I'm glad to say that that work seems to be paying off, but I miss the comradery and spirit of working with those people. I even miss the times I got really, really pissed off!

So, thank you to all those who made shooting Follow The Crows a pleasurable experience, even when it wasn't. We couldn't have done it without you, and we couldn't be more grateful for your contribution. You're all awesome. I can't believe it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment