Monday 5 September 2016

Talking Bad


Shooting interviews is a bit of a weird experience. And not just because I have to shoot my own myself, meaning that I set up the camera and then speak to no one for a few minutes in the hopes that it looks professional and like I'm answering questions, not just being crazy in my bedroom.

No, they're odd because you're asking people to tell you about something you were there for. It's bizarre, because you already know the answers to the questions. You already know what they're going to say, and it's a bit like a formality. It's akin to small talk, in a way.

Obviously you do get a little bit of new information and it's sometimes interesting to hear something from someone else. They have their own perspective on things and they might have slotted something or see something in a different light, and obviously they wind up having a slightly different version of events.

But it's also interesting hearing what they thought. Where did they think they did well, where did they think they could have done better. One of my favorite questions has got to be "what was your favorite moment on set", because so far everyone as a different answer.

It's quite nice to know that people have enjoyed working on the film and that they all enjoyed different parts of the shoot.

You'll have to wait for our campaign to begin before you can see the answers themselves, but there are some good stories in there, and some of it is genuinely funny (at least, that's coming from the point of view of someone who was there to see it).

I'm looking forward to doing the rest of the on-camera interviews, and I'm looking forward to hearing peoples answers, I hope they continue to be as entertaining as the ones we've done so far.

But it's definitely a strange experience, almost surreal. Still, at least everyone else has someone they can actually answer questions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment